Wednesday, October 20, 2010

flat tire incident

Waking up listening to the sound of rain is not a good way to start a day. Some people like rain, but not me. I prefer the shiny sun shine.

I had to drive to Chula Vista to have lunch with one of my friends, and then go to another friend's house to fix the internet problem.
Although I don't like rain, I like driving in the rain. The thrill and the wet road give me some kind of sick excitements. :)

Lunch was fun. She comes from the same island as I am. Her unique dialect reminds me of back home. Nostalgic moments.

Then I drove to the second direction. There I faced a huge trouble. Her problem was the wireless connection. She bought a new lap top, but could not figure out how to connect to the Internet. When I saw the old desk top which was the only one PC that is connecting to the internet, a doubt came across my mind: I might not be able to do this. Tangled up millions of cords didn't help me neither.
Since I said I could easily do it, my pride didn't let me just give up yet.
After three hours of fighting, I called my husband seeking for some help.
We visited her house again on the same day after my hubby's work. Let the pro handle the wireless!
To my surprise, in about 15 minutes he figured out what the problem was. Seriously? Only 15 minutes? The saddest part  was that he only did turn off and then turn back the router on again. Simple as that. Sigh. Again sigh....I gotta watch IT Crowds again.

Anyways, on the way back from her house, the car started beeping. We had a flat tire! Immediately we stopped by at a gas station to get some air to a poor tire. Then we hit home finally. It was already passed 11pm.

This morning, I woke up hearing my son crying in the next room. Picked him up, thinking of going back to sleep again. But his innocent crying brought me back to the reality. I am the only mother he can depend on. Such a responsibility.

There was no appointment in the morning. I could take my sweet time getting myself ready for the day. Even better, my hubby was eating out today. Yay! No reason to kick my butt to run errands in the morning. What a precious "morning off" for a housewife! In my head, I was totally dancing in a gorgeous lavender garden all by myself. Then all of a sudden the lavenders turned into nasty dirt, when my husband told me that I had to get ready asap to go to costco to buy a tire. The poor tire went completely flat again over night. Stupid nails!

My imaginary perfect morning became an ordinary morning. Good thing about the nearest costco is that there's IKEA next to it. While they fixed the tire, I took my sleepy son to shopping. Crusing around IKEA is never boring. Always new items and ideas. I cannot afford new furniture, yet it's free to have a wonderful imagination what I want to do with the bedroom.
IKEA sells cinnamon rolls. Have anyone tried it before? It's always a big temptation, but I never got one before. Are they any good?

By the time we got home, it was already 11:30. Where did my "mornig off" go?
Right now as I am writing this, it's almost 4 pm. My son hasn't woke up yet. Should I wake him up and feed him? Or should I take advantage of this silent moments?

By the way, the french chocolate I got from Costco today is so yummy! This totally worth the busy morning incident :)

No comments:

Post a Comment